As we welcome our new primary care physician, Trevan Rankin, to Deuk Spine and Viera Health and Wellness we are releasing this small guide to help you stay healthy this flu season.
- Wash your hands: It may seem very basic and that everyone does, but one would be surprised how many people forget to wash their hands before they eat, after they shake hands with someone, or when they come home from an unfamiliar place that is most likely teeming with bacteria.
- Keep your vehicle clean: Whenever you come back from the grocery store, a restaurant, or the movie theater there is one thing you always touch, your car. Your car is a carrier of every germ you pickup throughout your day and your steering wheel, door handle, shifter, and more should be wiped down on a weekly if not daily basis.
- Stay rested: When you are low on sleep your body has to work overtime to keep your body running. This means energy taken away from your immune system to help run more essential bodily functions. When your immune system is weak, that's when germs strike.
- Touch surfaces and objects as little as possible: When out and about it is best to try and avoid making direct contact with anything someone else could have touched. Be that a button on an elevator, a door handle, or a keyboard. If you cannot avoid touching a possibly bacteria infested surface, immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid physical contact: When out in public areas you have no idea if the stranger next to you washes his hands every 5 minutes or every 5 days. You should be under the assumtion that everyone around you is carrying many infectious germs(which they probably are), and avoid physical contact unless absolutely nessasary.
If you follow these 5 tips it should help you and your family stay safe and healthy this flu season.
If you believe you may have the flu or any other health issue, or if you want to check your health and make sure you stay healthy call 321-751-3389 to schedule an health appointment at Viera Health and Wellness today.